Elkhorn Ranch is about 1.5 hours drive from Tucson or a solid three hour drive from Phoenix. If you plan to sightsee, we strongly recommend renting a car. Please let us know your travel plans at least one week before your arrival.
call us or send us an e-message
To/From Airport or Tucson area
$162 shared ride with 4+ people
One way, any day, any time except Christmas Eve and Day
Elkhorn Ranch provides airport or Tucson area shuttle service any day and any time (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). When ranch car and driver are available, and upon request, Elkhorn will send a van to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum on Thursdays (same cost as one-way airport run).
If you fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, consider using Arizona Shuttle and arrange for an Elkhorn pick-up at the Twin Peaks drop-off location.
1. From Tucson, head southwest on Route 86, the Ajo Highway. From the Tucson airport, head west on Valencia Road to reach Route 86.
2. From Route 86 / Ajo Highway, head southwest until you reach Three Points or Robles Junction.
3. Turn south on Route 286 / Sasabe Highway and go about 20 miles south until you see the Elkhorn Ranch sign and mailboxes on the right or west side of the road, between milepost 26 and 25.
4. Follow the dirt road 7 miles towards the mountains, until you reach the very end. At about the 5.5 mile mark, you will see a red metal gate within wooden corrals — you’ll need to open the gate, and then close it behind you. You’re almost there!
5. Upon arrival at the ranch buildings, follow signs to the ranch office. Be alert as you may see a golden eagle, a herd of javelina or white tail deer, jackrabbits, Elkhorn horses out at pasture or our neighbors’ cattle!
our old fashioned mailing address
The Miller Family & Ranch Crew
27000 W. Elkhorn Ranch Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85736
For the most accurate driving directions please use Google Maps. Other services may not place the location correctly.
Please do not completely trust vehicle navigation systems once you leave Tucson. Despite our ongoing efforts to correct on-line mapping systems, they are not all correct. Several guests have been led astray into the desert. Please follow our written directions above, especially once you head south onto Route 286 / Sasabe Highway.