1. From Tucson, head southwest on Route 86, the Ajo Highway. From the Tucson airport, head west on Valencia Road to reach Route 86.
2. From Route 86 / Ajo Highway, head southwest until you reach Three Points or Robles Junction.
3. Turn south on Route 286 / Sasabe Highway and go about 20 miles south until you see the Elkhorn Ranch sign and mailboxes on the right or west side of the road, between milepost 26 and 25.
4. Follow the dirt road 7 miles towards the mountains, until you reach the very end. At about the 5.5 mile mark, you will see a red metal gate within wooden corrals — you’ll need to open the gate, and then close it behind you. You’re almost there!
5. Upon arrival at the ranch buildings, follow signs to the ranch office. Be alert as you may see a golden eagle, a herd of javelina or white tail deer, jackrabbits, Elkhorn horses out at pasture or our neighbors’ cattle!